Saints Foundation are working in partnership with Richard Taunton Sixth Form College to deliver a Coaching Academy.
This unique opportunity is a full time, two year course aimed at 16-19 year olds who want to work in the sports coaching industry, combining academic studies and sports coaching qualifications, with invaluable hands-on coaching experience.
Successful applicants will be provided with Southampton FC kit, will work with and be mentored by fully-qualified Saints Foundation coaches and will support the delivery of football and multi-sport coaching sessions within the local community.
The course is divided into two elements:
- Studying at RTSFC, learning about sports coaching and fitness
- Work placement with the Saints Foundation, supporting the delivery of football and multi-sport sessions as well as the delivery of funded projects in the community
WHAT SPORTS COACHING QUALIFICATIONS WILL STUDENTS COMPLETE OVER THE TWO YEAR COURSE?
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport Development, Coaching and Fitness (equivalent to two A Levels)
- FA Junior Football Leaders Course
- FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
WHAT CAN THE COURSE LEAD TO?
Students who successfully complete the 2 year course will be guaranteed an interview for the position of a Casual Coach with the Saints Foundation, may choose to pursue other opportunities within the sports coaching industry, or could progress onto higher education.
To enrol onto the course you will need:
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including English and Maths
- An interest in coaching, teaching or leading physical activities
The intake for the 2017-2018 academic year is limited to a maximum of 20 students, applications are being taken so for more information and enquiries about the course, please contact email@example.com
Please click on the link below to access the course application form: